The Industrial Engineering, Operation Analysis and Logistics working party (5.04.13) AT
IUFRO is glad to announce a series of webinars scheduled for Spring 2018. Please MARK YOUR
The goal of this webinar series is to present latest updates on technology and operations
management practices impacting the forest products industry. The webinars are free and do
not require a registration. If for some reason you cannot participate, a recording of each
webinar will be uploaded to the working party web site. The schedule is as follows:
· Production Management in Forest based industries. May 15, 2018. 4-5pm Central
European Time (GMT +01:00). WebEx session number 318 558 152
· Tooling Issues in Wood-Based Manufacturing. -June 12, 2018. 10 pm-11pm Malaysia
Time (GMT+08:00). WebEx session number 648 885 702
Instructions to access WebEx
1. Go to https://virginiatech.webex.com
2. Enter the WebEx session number (see above)
3. If this is your first time using WebEx, the platform will ask you to install the
WebEx client. It will take a couple of minutes
4. Once you are logged-in, please adjust your microphone and speakers preferences.
· Lean Logistics. Value Stream Mapping Applied to the Wood Fiber Supply Chain.
February 6, 2018.
· Statistical Process Control (SPC) – A Time-Tested Tool for Process Control and
Improvement. March 20, 2018.
· Wood procurement. April 10, 2018.
Videos of these past seminars can be accessed at
Department of Sustainable Biomaterials
Brooks Forest Products Building
1650 Research Center Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Phone (540) 231-0978
Related web sites: