Von: Jean-Paul Laclau [mailto:email@example.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. Februar 2018 14:43
Betreff: ***** EXTENDED ABSTRACT SUBMISSION to the IUFRO Conference 'Eucalyptus 2018' in Montpellier, France. DEADLINE: 10 March 2018 *****
Due to many requests for additional time, we decided to extend the deadline for abstract submission to March 10, 2018.
Details at https://eucalyptus2018.cirad.fr/
Deadline for abstract submission: 10 March 2018
The deadline for the call for papers for "New Frontiers in Forecasting Forests<http://conferences.sun.ac.za/ff2018/NFFF2018>" to be held in Stellenbosch, South Africa from 25 - 28 September 2018, has been EXTENDED to March 30th. Click here<http://conferences.sun.ac.za/index.php/ff2018/NFFF2018/schedConf/cfp> to submit your abstract now!
Abstracts from participants from all over the world will be selected for oral presentations and posters (with an opportunity for a "lightning talk"). The Scientific Committee will also make a short-list of papers to be considered for a special issue of the international journal Annals of Forest Science<http://www.springer.com/life+sciences/forestry/journal/13595> (5 year IF 2.156). Registration<http://conferences.sun.ac.za/index.php/ff2018/NFFF2018/schedConf/registrati…> cost includes access to all sessions, refreshments and lunch on all full days, as well as admittance to the mid-week conference banquet, cocktails at poster sessions and a stocked conference bag. Delegates also have the option of an extra-cost full day tour of Cape Town and the Cape Peninsula<http://conferences.sun.ac.za/index.php/ff2018/index/about/editorialPolicies…> on Monday 24th (the day before the meeting begins) and an opening cocktail function.
In the context of challenges facing forestry professionals around the world, this conference will provide an opportunity to bring together scientists, modelers and managers in a focused forum to present and discuss advances in models predicting future attributes of forests. The conference will be organised as plenary sessions to bring stakeholders together around five key themes that pertain to the broader topic. Each session will be started by 40 minute presentation from one of our internationallly acclaimed five keynote speakers<http://conferences.sun.ac.za/index.php/ff2018/index/about/editorialPolicies…> to kick off the presentations with a strong view of the area of research. The five themes have been identified as:
* Understanding and evaluating uncertainties in models predicting future growth, yield and wood properties
* The nexus between models of tree growth, wood formation and product properties
* Model application, integration and accessibility for forest management, planning and product development
* The cutting edge in process-based and statistical approaches: how we will model future forest attributes in the 3rd millennium
* Leveraging big data and high technology in forest models
Please feel free to contact the Chairperson of the conference Organising Committee, Dr David Drew<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> (Stellenbosch University) for more information.
The integrity and confidentiality of this email is governed by these terms / Die integriteit en vertroulikheid van hierdie e-pos word deur die volgende bepalings gere?l. http://www.sun.ac.za/emaildisclaimer
Work Party 5.04.13 Industrial Engineering , Operation Analysis and Logistics is organizing a Webinar series for the first semester of 2018. Details are attached.
Let us know if you have any questions and I hope you can attend and help us to distribute the announcement. There is no cost to attend!
The Industrial Engineering, Operation Analysis and Logistics working party (5.04.13) AT IUFRO is glad to announce a series of webinars scheduled for Spring 2018. Please MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
The goal of this webinar series is to present latest updates on technology and operations management practices impacting the forest products industry. The webinars are free and do not require a registration. If for some reason you cannot participate, a recording of each webinar will be uploaded to the working party web site. The schedule is as follows:
· Wood procurement. February 6, 2018. 4-5pm Central European Time (GMT +01:00). WebEx session number 317 786 309
· Lean logistics: Value Stream Mapping Applied to the Wood Fiber Supply Chain. March 20, 2018. 9-10 pm Eastern Time (GMT -05:00). WebEx session number 310 080 448
· Statistical Process Control (SPC) – A Time-Tested Tool for Process Control and Improvement. April 10, 2018. 7-8 am Pacific Time (GMT -08:00). WebEx session number 311 570 056
· Production Management in Forest based industries. May 15, 2018. 4-5pm Central European Time (GMT +01:00). WebEx session number 318 558 152
· Tooling Issues in Wood-Based Manufacturing. -June 12th, 2018. 3-4 pm Malaysia Time.
Instructions to access WebEx
1. Go to https://virginiatech.webex.com <https://virginiatech.webex.com/>
2. Enter the WebEx session number (see above)
3. If this is your first time using WebEx, the platform will ask you to install the WebEx client. It will take a couple of minutes
4. Once you are logged-in, please adjust your microphone and speakers preferences.
Department of Sustainable Biomaterials
Brooks Forest Products Building
1650 Research Center Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Phone (540) 231-0978
Related web sites: