The 2017 IUFRO All-Division 5 Conference<http://www.iufrodiv5-2017.ca/> will be held in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada from June 12 - 16, 2017. The conference is co-organized by IUFRO Division 5, the Faculty of Forestry at the University of British Columbia, the Society of Wood Science and Technology (SWST) and FPInnovations.
This is the first time the Conference has been hosted in Canada. We are very excited to offer an exceptional and unique experience for our delegates.
Registration Now Open
Register before March 31 to receive early bird rates.
Register Now <http://www.iufrodiv5-2017.ca/register/>
March 15 - SWST Student poster competition - Call for applications<http://www.iufrodiv5-2017.ca/register/scientist-assistance-program-sap/>
March 15 - Scholars Assistance Program for presenters from developing countries - Call for applications<http://www.iufrodiv5-2017.ca/register/scientist-assistance-program-sap/>
March 31 - Early bird rate closes - Register now<http://www.iufrodiv5-2017.ca/register/>
May 5 - Regular registration closes
May 5 - Hotel accommodation booking closes - Book now<https://aws.passkey.com/event/16457791/owner/2075/home>
Keynote Speakers Announced
Monday, June 12 - Forest Sector Innovation<http://www.iufrodiv5-2017.ca/2017/02/forest-sector-innovation/>
* Dr. James Bowyer, President of Bowyer and Associates, Inc., USA
Tuesday, June 13 - Innovations in Forest Products and Services
* Daizy Rani Batish, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
Wednesday, June 14 - Innovations in Wood Building and Design<http://www.iufrodiv5-2017.ca/2017/02/innovations-in-wood-building-and-desig…>
* John Metras, Managing Director, Infrastructure and Development, University of British Columbia, Canada
Wednesday, June 14 - CEO Panel
Innovative Business Models for Translating Forestry Science and Technology into Social, Environmental and Economic Benefits<http://www.iufrodiv5-2017.ca/2017/02/ceo-panel-june-14/>
* Alex Berg, Executive Director, R&D Center "Unidad de Desarrollo Tecnológico", Chile
* Johanna Buchert , Vice President Research, Natural Resources Institute (LUKE), Finland
* Benhua Fei, Executive Vice President, International Centre for Bamboo and Rattan, People's Republic of China
* World L-S Nieh, National Program Lead, Forest Products, United States Department of Agriculture - Forest Service, USA
* Haruo Sawada, President, Forestry and Forest Products Research Institute IBARAKI, Japan
* Trevor Stuthridge, Senior Vice President, FPInnovations, Canada
Thursday, June 15 - Innovations in Forest Management, Policy and Markets
* Werner Kurz, Senior Research Scientist, Natural Resources Canada - Canadian Forest Service
* Doug Konkin, Former Deputy Minister, British Columbia Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resources Operations
Friday, June 16 - Innovations in Business Models and Management
* Carol Anne Hilton, CEO of Transformation International
Proceedings and publication
All accepted abstracts will be published in the Proceeding E-Book, ISBN 978-0-9817876-7-1
The Conference provides a multitude of opportunities for organizational exposure and networking with leading scientists, industry, civil society, and government representatives from around the world.
Visit our website for further information<http://www.iufrodiv5-2017.ca/sponsorship/>
Looking for more options to promote your organization? We offer designated space for direct interaction with conference delegates.
Visit our website for further information<http://www.iufrodiv5-2017.ca/exhibitors/>
Learn more about the conference