Sorry for this late reply but I was wondering if someone (Dr. Mansfield) reply to your
If not I will take care of this.
Ps I took good note of that event.
From: div2-bounces(a)lists.iufro.org [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of
Sent: August-31-12 2:47 PM
Subject: [IUFRO Div 2] 083112 - Revised dates of the International Poplar Symposium VI -
July 2014, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Dear colleagues from Division 2:
- The Poplar and Willow Genetics Working Party 2.08.04 announces revised dates for the
Sixth International Poplar Symposium (IPS-VI) to be organized and hosted in 2014 in
Vancouver, British Columbia (B.C.), Canada.
*_Revised dates of the symposium and associated activities_*:
1) Sunday the 20th of July 2014 (Registration) to and including Wednesday the 23rd of
2) Thursday the 24th to and including Sunday the 27th or possibly Monday the 28th of July
2014 -- Combined Field trip and Post-conference Circle Tour to the Interior of British
- During the symposium there will be a spouses program.
- The proposed conference theme is based on a very relevant question:
Domestication of Populus and Salix: How far have we come, and how far do we still have to
- As stated by the organizing committee
"The meeting in Vancouver will bring us an excellent opportunity to compare our views
and assemble the "right answer." The answer will represent the view of the
people interested in the science of poplar and willow genetics, physiology and pathology.
It will serve as a guide for the future of poplar and willow cultivation in the world.
Ultimately, the answer should also be a guide for the amelioration of the environment,
industries, and the standard of living of rural communities wherever poplars and willows
are cultivated. This symposium strives to address these issues and therefore invites
researchers, practitioners, regulatory and policy experts to help define what the
challenges are and where we are going."
- For more information, please contact
*Cees ("Case") van Oosten, M.Sc.F.
Coordinator - IPS VI Organizing Team
c/o SilviConsult Woody Crops Technology Inc. 2356 York Crescent Nanaimo, B.C., V9T 4N3
Ph: (250) 758-4789 (Res. & Bus.)
- A meeting website will be announced shortly, before the end of the year.
Best regards to everyone,
IUFRO Mailing List
To post a message to all list members, send email to: div2(a)lists.iufro.org List info and