Call for Proposals to Host the Seventh International Poplar Symposium
The International Union of Forest Research Organizations’ (IUFRO), Poplar and Willow Genetics Working Party 2.08.04, convenes the International Poplar Symposium (IPS) every four years for the presentation and discussion of the most recent and important scientific findings in Populus and Salix genetics, molecular biology, physiology, ecology, wood science, etc. The next symposium, IPS-VII, will be held in 2018. IPS-VII will follow previous poplar symposia held in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A (IPS-I, 1995), Orleans, France (IPS-II, 1999), Uppsala, Sweden (IPS-III, 2002), Nanjing, China (IPS-IV, 2006), Orvieto, Italy (IPS-V, 2010), and most recently, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (IPS-VI, 2014).
The Poplar and Willow Genetics Working Party 2.08.04 welcomes all proposals to host IPS-VII. Points of interest that will be considered in reviewing proposals include:
1) Host and co-host(s) organizations
2) Travel routes to conference venue from major ports of entry into host country
3) Description of conference meeting halls and facilities
4) Hotel accommodations
5) Potential conference theme
6) Description of field trip to visit poplar and willow field experiments and industrial applications (if possible)
7) Month during which conference would be held
8) Sites of historical and cultural interest for touring
9) Conference committee
10) Scientific program committee
11) Local science program that can be showcased at IPS-VII
12) Opportunity for conference sponsorships
13) Experience in hosting international/national conferences
14) Opportunities for accompanying spousal program
Please limit your proposal to four pages and submit to Dr. Ron Zalesny (U.S. Forest Service), 2.08.04 coordinator, via electronic mail ( <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> rzalesny(a)fs.fed.us) by April 1, 2016. Our selection committee will announce its decision for the location of IPS-VII by May 1, 2016.
CALL FOR SESSION PROPOSALS - 1st REMINDER
Deadline for Submissions: 31 January 2016
>From 24 to 27 October 2016, IUFRO will hold its first Regional Congress for Asia and Oceania in Beijing, China. Under the Congress title "Forests for Sustainable Development: the Role of Research", we hope to establish a cutting-edge scientific programme highlighting the role of forest science in informing forest-related policies and management in Asia and Oceania to cope with the significant environmental, social and economic changes in the region and address the consequent challenges.
For such a programme to materialize, we need your contributions: diverse, from inside and outside the region, across the full range of natural and social science disciplines at various levels, from the gene to the globe.
Therefore please submit by 31 January at the latest your session proposals addressing one or more of the following Congress themes:
1. Sustainable forest management for enhanced provision of ecosystem services;
2. Forest and landscape rehabilitation and restoration;
3. Combating desertification, disaster and risk management, and climate change mitigation and adaptation;
4. Planted forests for fostering a greener economy;
5. Innovative technologies for bio-energy, bio-materials and other products;
6. Urban forestry for human health and community well-being;
7. Social and cultural aspects of forests, including traditional knowledge, human health, community participation and gender roles;
8. Forest and agro-forest management for food security, enhanced livelihoods and non-timber forest products.
For further details, please visit <http://www.iufro-ao2016.org/en/news.asp?id=23.html> http://www.iufro-ao2016.org/en/news.asp?id=23.html.
We look forward to hearing from you and for your active participation in the design of an excellent scientific program for the IUFRO Regional Congress for Asia and Oceania 2016 in Beijing.
The Congress Scientific Committee
IUFRO Regional Congress for Asia and Oceania 2016
Beijing, China; 24-27 October 2016
<http://www.iufro-ao2016.org> http://www.iufro-ao2016.org - iufro_ao2016(a)163.com
---------- Weitergeleitete Nachricht ----------
From: "Bois & forêts des tropiques" <bft(a)cirad.fr>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 14:04:13 +0100
Subject: [BFT-News] Bois et Forêts des Tropiques, Best Wishes
<http://bft.cirad.fr/> Bois et Forêts desTropiques, vous souhaite une belle année 2016, Wihes You a HappyNew Year
L'équipe de rédaction
Bois & forêts des tropiques
Bois & forêts des tropiques (BFT)
Département Environnements et Sociétés du Cirad
Unité Propre de Recherche n°105 B & SEF
TA C-105D Campus de Baillarguet
34398 Montpellier Cedex 5, FRANCE