Call for Abstracts
The Scientific Committee invites authors to submit abstracts to be considered for inclusion in the programme. Authors must follow the guidelines for abstract submission set out below.
Abstract Submission Deadline: March 30, 2014
Method of Submission
· To submit an abstract please go to <http://iufrobreeding2014.guarant.eu/> SUBMISSION FORM, from where the online abstract submission form is accessible.
· All abstracts must be submitted only via the online form.
Abstracts Submission Instructions
· All abstracts must be submitted in English and must be presented in English at the Congress.
· Submitted abstracts must be original. Abstracts previously published or presented at an international scientific meeting cannot be submitted.
· Title of the contribution, authors, affiliations, e-mail address of the corresponding author, five key words, abstract of the most important findings in no more than 300 words (online form is available for direct submission). Minimum is 200 words.
· Abstracts will be reviewed by a panel of experts and selected on the basis of merit for oral or poster presentation.
· Authors should indicate whether they prefer a poster or an oral presentation.
· Abstracts not conforming to these guidelines will not be considered for presentation.
Abstract Delivery Notification
· Authors will be notified about the delivery of their abstract by e-mail immediately. In case you will not receive confirmation within 24 hours, please check your spam folder and in case of no confirmation e-mail, please contact:
Abstract Acceptance Notification
· Authors will be notified about the acceptance or rejection of their Abstract by e-mail at latest on May 30, 2014.
Start of online abstract submission
1. 10. 2013
Start of online registration
1. 12. 2013
Deadline for abstract submission
30. 3. 2014
Notification of abstract acceptance
30. 5. 2014
Deadline for early registration
30. 6. 2014
Start of late registration
1. 7. 2014
Na Pankráci 17
140 21 Prague 4
Tel.: +420 284 001 444
E-mail: <mailto:email@example.com> iufrobreeding2014(a)guarant.cz
E-mail: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> iufrobreeding2014(a)gmail.com
ALENA SANDERS | Project Manager | M.: +420 602 291 469
GUARANT International spol. s r.o.
Na Pankráci 17, 140 21 Prague 4, Czech Republic | Tel.: +420 284 001 444
E-mail: <mailto:email@example.com> sanders(a)guarant.cz | <http://www.guarant.cz/> www.guarant.cz
Our address for your mobile phone is also available via the QR code below.
Alena Sanders EN
Scientists and Colleagues:
Submit your abstract today! Less than one week remains to submit your abstract for the 2014 IUFRO World Congress! http://iufro2014.com/scientific-program/abstract-submissions/
Do not miss to be part of this unique and exciting event!
The IUFRO 2014 Congress Scientific Committee
John Parrotta (Chair); Jens Peter Skovsgaard (Division 1); Yousry El-Kassaby (Division 2); Hans Heinimann (Division 3); Ron McRoberts (Division 4); Andrew Wong (Division 5); Tuija Sievänen (Division 6); Tod Ramsfield (Division 7); Alain Franc (Division 8); Jim Johnson (Division 9); Mike Wingfield (Vice-President, Divisions); Su See Lee (Vice-President, Task Forces, Special Programmes, Projects and IUFRO-led Initiatives); Lisa Hansen (International Forestry Students Association); Richard Guldin (ex-officio; COC Chair)
The system for abstract submission is now open for the 2014 IUFRO Forest
Tree Breeding Conference, Prague, Czech Republic, August 25-29, 2014.
More information on conference and the deadlines is provided here:
- advances in quantitative genetics and breeding theory,
- review of current breeding methods and trends,
- genetic evaluation protocols and tools,
- development of breeding and deployment strategies,
- progeny testing - including experimental statistics,
- reports on countries’ progress in specific programs,
- interaction between forest tree breeding and other disciplines, including
evolutionary biology, genomics, population genetics, environmental science,
physiology and reproduction biology.
Luis Apiolaza, Yousry A. El-Kassaby, Gary Hodge, Dudley Huber, Antoine
Kremer, Dag Lindgren, Bruce Tier
Submission for Abstracts:
starts on October 1th, 2013, special issue of selected contributions in
starts on December 1th, 2013.
Superior conference environment at a close proximity to Prague downtown,
gala dinner on the boat in dowtown Prague, Prague tours, post-conference
excursions, etc. More details on the website.
We hope that you will make plans now to attend the 2014 conference and we
encourage you to share your knowledge by submitting contributions to the
Hope to see you in Prague!
Milan Lstiburek, Conference Chair
Milan Lstiburek, Ph.D.
Associate Professor in Forest Genetics, Czech University of Life Sciences
Adjunct Associate Professor, North Carolina State University
IUFRO Breeding Theory and Progeny Testing Coordinator
2014 IUFRO Forest Tree Breeding Conference Chair