Dear colleagues from Division 2:
- The Poplar and Willow Genetics Working Party 2.08.04 announces revised
dates for the Sixth International Poplar Symposium (IPS-VI) to be
organized and hosted in 2014 in Vancouver, British Columbia (B.C.), Canada.
*_Revised dates of the symposium and associated activities_*:
1) Sunday the 20th of July 2014 (Registration) to and including
Wednesday the 23rd of July 2014.
2) Thursday the 24th to and including Sunday the 27th or possibly
Monday the 28th of July 2014 -- Combined Field trip and Post-conference
Circle Tour to the Interior of British Columbia.
- During the symposium there will be a spouses program.
- The proposed conference theme is based on a very relevant question:
Domestication of Populus and Salix: How far have we come, and how far do
we still have to go?
- As stated by the organizing committee
"The meeting in Vancouver will bring us an excellent opportunity to
compare our views and assemble the "right answer." The answer will
represent the view of the people interested in the science of poplar and
willow genetics, physiology and pathology. It will serve as a guide for
the future of poplar and willow cultivation in the world. Ultimately,
the answer should also be a guide for the amelioration of the
environment, industries, and the standard of living of rural communities
wherever poplars and willows are cultivated. This symposium strives to
address these issues and therefore invites researchers, practitioners,
regulatory and policy experts to help define what the challenges are and
where we are going."
- For more information, please contact
*Cees ("Case") van Oosten, M.Sc.F.
Coordinator - IPS VI Organizing Team
c/o SilviConsult Woody Crops Technology Inc. 2356 York Crescent
Nanaimo, B.C., V9T 4N3
Ph: (250) 758-4789 (Res. & Bus.)
- A meeting website will be announced shortly, before the end of the year.
Best regards to everyone,