The deadline for abstracts has been extended to June 11, 2012 for the
14th IUFRO FIR SYMPOSIUM
which is jointly organized by the WP 1.01.09, 2.02.13, 2.02.09 and the
forest faculty of Kastamonu University. The meeting will be held on
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, September 12-14, 2012 in Kastamonu, Turkey.
For details see: <http://www.ika2012.com> http://www.ika2012.com
The aim of the conference is to provide a synoptic overview on latest
research outputs in fir ecosystem dynamics, recent threats and suitable
management concepts. Presentations are welcome for the following session
1. The current status of fir species in Europe and the Mediterranean region
2. Ecology of fir species (incl. pathology)
3. Genetics of fir species (incl. provenance trials)
4. Silviculture of fir species (incl. multipurpose management concepts)
5. Economic value and marketing on fir species
6. Usage of fir species for non-wood products and services (landscape,
ornamental plants etc.)
7. The importance of fir species on industrial use
A pre-conference tour is offered separately which will bring you to the fir
forests of Bolu and Karabük.
We cordially invite all scientists working with fir species for contributing
to this interdisciplinary conference.
On behalf of the organizing committee