The National Institute of Agricultural Research of Uruguay
(INIA) is looking for a researcher in the field of forest entomology. The hired candidate
will join a multidisciplinary team operating in INIA Tacuarembó, within the Forestry
· Develop and conduct research projects on forest pests.
· Be part of multidisciplinary teams and participate in international networks.
· Prepare technical reports and write scientific manuscripts.
· Suggest, plan, and conduct outreach activities for diverse target audience
(stakeholders, decision-makers, students, and general public).
* Supervise and evaluate performance of personnel under their direction.
* University degree in biological sciences, agronomy or equivalent academic training
and a finished PhD degree by the date of hire.
· Authorship of published scientific manuscripts with focus in forest entomology, in
international peer reviewed indexed journals.
· Experience in leading research projects and in collaborating within
multidisciplinary inter-institutional networks.
· English language proficiency.
· Work experience in the field of forest entomology.
· Good understanding of the Uruguayan forestry sector.
· Spanish language proficiency.
This is a permanent position with a one-year probationary period subjected to satisfactory
performance evaluation by the end of the period.
It is a full-time position that requires availability to travel around the country and
A preselection round will be merit-based with focus on the required qualifications.
Top candidates meeting those criteria will have a technical and psychological interview.
During the interview, candidates will be evaluated for their potential, scientific
vocation, and aptitude for integrating multidisciplinary teams.
Applications should be emailed to rrhh(a)inia.org.uy attaching updated CV, proof of achieved
degrees, motivation letter and salary expectations. Please use “Ref. Inv. Entomología” as
the email subject. Due date to receive applications: December 5th, 2022.
You can also access this call directly at INIA website
Feel free to forward the call to other colleagues.
Dr. Gonzalo Martínez Crosa
Director (int) - Sistema Forestal
Tel: +598 4632 2407 ext 1387
Cel: +598 99 321633
Estación Experimental del Norte
Campus Interinstitucional de Tacuarembó| Ruta 5 km 386. Tacuarembó – Uruguay