Planning is proceeding well on the
The 6th International Workshop on the Genetics of Tree-Parasite Interactions:
Tree Resistance to Insects and Diseases: Putting Promise into Practice
We have had a great response to our earlier first announcement. If you did not reply to
our previous announcement but are interested in attending, please let us know so that we
can add you to our mailing list)
Visit the website for more details on the workshop
We now are soliciting Abstracts for Oral and Poster presentations for the workshop.
There will also be two publication outlets from the workshop: (1) a special journal issue
of Plants, People, Planet, and (2) a proceedings - see attachments and website for
NOTE: To keep more of a workshop format (and for the special facilities we have selected
to host the workshop) we will cap attendance at ~110 participants.
URGENT: (1) Note that the due date for abstracts is January 21, 2018
(2) It is also urgent to reserve lodging by Jan. 30, to keep our block of rooms at this
facility (no other lodging nearby)
See the 2 attachments for details.
Contact Jennifer Koch (firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>) or Richard Sniezko
(firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>) with any questions, and to ensure we
add you to future mailings. Please pass along the announcement to colleagues working with
Genetic Resistance in trees.
For more information: https://treeresistance2018.ca.uky.edu/
* 5th International Workshop on the Genetics of Tree-Parasite Interactions,
Orleans, France, 2015, https://colloque.inra.fr/tree-parasite-interactions2015
* 4th International Workshop on Disease and Insect Resistance in Forest Trees
(2011) Eugene, Oregon, 2011, http://ucanr.edu/sites/tree_resistance_2011conference/Home/
(Sniezko et al., 2012)
* Mechanisms and Deployment of Resistance in Trees to Insects, Iguassu, Spain,
2000 (Wagner et al., 2002)
* Breeding Insect and Disease Resistant Forest Trees Eugene, Oregon, 1982
* 3rd International Workshop on Resistance to Diseases and Pests in Forest Trees,
Wageningen, The Netherlands, 1980 (Heybroek et al., 1982)
* Workshop on Biology of Rust Resistance in Forest Trees, Moscow, Idaho, 1969
(considered the 2nd International Workshop in this series) (Bingham et al., 1972)
* Workshop on Breeding Pest-Resistant Trees, University Park, Pennsylvania, 1964
(considered the 1st International Workshop in this series) (Gerhold et al., 1966)
We look forward to hearing from you.
[Forest Service Shield]
Richard A. Sniezko, PhD
Dorena Genetic Resource Center
34963 Shoreview Drive
Cottage Grove, OR 97424
Caring for the land and serving people
Jennifer Koch, PhD
Northern Research Station, Project NRS-16
This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended
recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the
information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal
penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender and delete the email immediately.