During October, November and December, various working parties within Division 7 will be hosting webinars.
Mark your calendars for September 21-24, October 13, October 27, November 10, November 24 and December 8.
* The joint 7.03.12 / 7.03.07 / 78.02.04 hybrid (online and in-person) conference in Prague "Biological Invasions in Forests: Trade, Ecology and Management" will be live-streamed and include some remote presentations.
* The webinar on October 13 (10:00 am EDT) has been jointly organised by Division 7 working party 7.03.11 Resistance to Insects and Pathogens, and Division 2 working party 2.02.15 Breeding and genetic resources of five needle pines. The title of the webinar is "Tree resistance to diseases and pests - interaction with and facilitation by microbiome". The speakers are Katherin Blumenstein (University of Göttingen, Germany), George Newcombe (University of Idaho, US), and Steve Wakelin (Scion, New Zealand).
The other future webinars are being organised are:
* October 27: WP 7.02.13 - "Forest Health in Southern Hemisphere Commercial Plantations"
* November 10: WP 7.02.03 - "Vascular Wilt Diseases"
* November 24: WP 7.03.15 - "Social Dimensions of Forest Health"
* December 8: WP 7.02.07 - "Diseases and Insects of Tropical Forest Trees"
Details regarding registration for the webinar series will be announced in September.
Tod Ramsfield, Maartje Klapwijk, Jeremy Allison and Ecki Brockerhoff
We have extended the deadline for early registration for the IUFRO meeting,
“Biological Invasions in Forests: Trade, Ecology and Management”, Prague
(20-24 September, 2021 https://iufro.czu.cz/en ) through this Friday, 6
August. Late registration will be available through 31 August.
Please contact me (aliebhold(a)gmail.com) if you experience problems with the
online registration system.
You do not need to register if you only wish to listen to the live-stream
of the conference as this will be freely available.