North American Forest Soils Conference - International Symposium on Forest Soils
Soils-Forests Interactions in Changing Environments
10-16 June 2018, Quebec City, Canada
Call for Abstracts
The 13th North American Forest Soils Conference is being held jointly with the 9th International Symposium on Forest Soils in the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site of the Historic District of Old Quebec City, Canada. The conference is sponsored by the SSSA, CSSS, IUSS and IUFRO.
We invite oral, poster and poster/rapid fire presentations on research using field trials, laboratory investigations, long-term monitoring experiments and ecosystem modelling studies that address the conference theme and sub-themes. If possible, presentations should include a statement of the forest management implications of the work. The conference themes are intended to encourage submissions with broad representation of the various soils-forests regions of North America and internationally.
1. The role of forests and forest soils in climate change adaptation and mitigation
2. Fire effects on forest soils
3. Management practices, land-use change and soil-forest productivity
4. Technological advances in forest soils research
5. Forest soil monitoring networks and environmental change: successes and challenges
6. Societal change and forest soils: a balancing act
Call for abstracts
Poster presentations will be included in a traditional poster session. Poster/rapid fire presentations will be part of the poster session and an oral session where authors will give a short overview (3 minutes) of their poster content. Conference presenters will be invited to contribute to a special issue of the Soil Science Society of America Journal dedicated to the conference proceedings.
Please submit abstracts at the conference website before December 1, 2017.