Dear IUFRO Division 3 Members,
Dear IUFRO Division 3 Officeholders,
Greetings from IUFRO Division 3. First, we hope you and your family are keeping well during these strange and uncertain times. The COVID-19 pandemic has created a truly unprecedented situation that affects us all. Our hearts go out to anyone who has been impacted by the virus, either directly or indirectly.
With the hope that the COVID-19 pandemic will be behind us soon, we want to reach out and share our plans for the major Division 3 events around the world in the next four years.
* Year 2021 – Joint COFE/FORMEC Annual Meeting, Corvallis, OR, USA (Dates 6-9 June)
* Year 2022 – 7th Forest Engineering Conference (FEC) and All-D3 meeting, Florence, Italy (Dates TBD)
* Year 2023 – International Conference on Forest Engineering, Management and Products, Harbin, China (Dates TBD)
* Year 2024 – 26th IUFRO World Congress, Stockholm, Sweden (Dates 23-29 June)
In addition, there are several other Division 3-sponsored events scheduled this and next year. For details, please visit the IUFRO event calendar website (https://www.iufro.org/events/calendar/current/).
* International Scientific Conference on Modern Technologies and Engineering in Sustainable Forest Utilization, Krakow, Poland, 21-23 September, 2020
* University of Belgrade – Faculty of Forestry 100th Anniversary Congress, Belgrade, Serbia, 22-25 September, 2020
* International Scientific Conference "Forestry: Bridge to the Future", Sofia, Bulgaria, 5-8 May, 2021
* IUFRO Division 3 Doctoral Student Conference, Corvallis, OR, USA, 1-9 June, 2021
* 19th Symposium on Systems Analysis in Forest Resources (SSAFR 2021), Estes Park, Colorado, USA, 8-11 August, 2021
* IUFRO Regional Conference, Moscow, Russia, 24-26 September, 2021
Please stay safe and healthy, we look forward to meeting again in person when the COVID-19 situation resolves around the world. Also, please don’t forget, despite the many difficulties we all face, we are still connected, and we are still together!
Woodam Chung, Luc Lebel, Yaoxiang Li, Ola Lindroos
Division 3 Coordinator and Deputy Coordinators
IUFRO unit 4.05 - Managerial economics and accounting with all five subunits (4.05.01, 4.05.02., 4.05.03, 4.05.04 and 4.05.05), the Institute for Regional Development of Eurac Research and the Department of Land, Environment, Agriculture and Forestry of the University of Padua, in cooperation with IUFRO Task Force: "Unlocking the bio-economy and non-timber forest products organize the forest science conference "The social and ecological value added of small-scale forestry to the Bio-Economy".
The conference will take place from 6th to 9th October 2020 at Eurac Research, Bolzano, Italy.
The website for the event is online now. Please, find the link here: https://www.iufro2020.eurac.edu/ which is reachable also from IUFRO page https://www.iufro.org/science/divisions/division-4/40000/40500/activities/
We would like to invite you not only to have a look at the web page, but also to submit your abstract within 12th July 2020. Registration for the symposium will open on 24th July 2020.
The web-page https://www.iufro2020.eurac.edu/ will be regularly updated.
We hope that you find this conference topic of great interest, and we encourage you to inform other potential participants in your networks. Thus, we would be pleased if you could advise all colleagues and contacts, who might be interested.
We are looking forward to your submissions and to seeing you in Bolzano.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions.
With kind regards,
Christian Hoffmann, conference coordinator, Eurac Research; christian.hoffmann(a)eurac.edu<mailto:email@example.com>
Davide Pettenella, conference coordinator, University of Padova; davide.pettenella(a)unipd.it<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>;
Lidija Zadnik Stirn, IUFRO 4.05 coordinator, lidija.zadnik(a)bf.uni-lj.si<mailto:email@example.com>;
James Chamberlain, IUFRO TF4 coordinator, james.l.chamberlain(a)usda.gov<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>;