Dear colleagues working in Forest Operations,
The International Journal of Forest Engineering<https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/tife20/current#.U2is9GeW2UQ> is currently soliciting papers for a Special Issue entitled "The role of Forest Operations in climate change affected forests". Dr. Janine Schweier (janine.schweier(a)foresteng.uni-freiburg.de<mailto:email@example.com>), of the University of Freiburg (Germany), is serving as Guest Editor for this issue.
The core question addressed in this Special Issue is how climate change impacts will affect timber harvesting and extraction operations in the future. Prospective authors are invited to contribute original manuscripts covering the following subjects:
* Methods and Tools for climate adapted strategic and operational planning of forest operations
* How does climate change affect tomorrow's forest operations?
* Innovative forest harvesting technology and techniques
* Mechanized hardwood logging
* Reduced impact logging
* Environmentally-friendly forest operations (Life Cycle Assessment)
* Sustainable forest wood supply chains
* Carbon costs, carbon storage, carbon sequestration
* Forest operations on sensitive soils
* Steep terrain harvesting
* Design and maintenance of forest road networks under changing climate conditions
This list is not exclusive, and prospective authors may submit manuscripts from other fields of forest engineering. Submission can be for research papers, short communications and review papers.
The submission deadline is 30.11.2018. Submitted papers should not be under consideration for publication elsewhere. We encourage authors to send a tentative title and short abstract to the Guest Editor in advance (Janine.schweier(a)foresteng.uni-freiburg.de<mailto:Janine.firstname.lastname@example.org>).
For further details about the submission process, please see the instructions for authors<http://www.tandfonline.com/action/authorSubmission?journalCode=tife20&page=…>.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Janine Schweier, International Journal of Forest Engineering
N?r du skickar e-post till SLU s? inneb?r detta att SLU behandlar dina personuppgifter. F?r att l?sa mer om hur detta g?r till, klicka h?r <https://www.slu.se/om-slu/kontakta-slu/personuppgifter/>
E-mailing SLU will result in SLU processing your personal data. For more information on how this is done, click here <https://www.slu.se/en/about-slu/contact-slu/personal-data/>