SAVE THE DATE
May 17-19, 2017 VIENNA
International Conference on Landscape & Human Health | Forests, Parks and Green Care - <http://bfw.ac.at/internationalconference> http://bfw.ac.at/internationalconference
The first call for papers and sessions will be announced in September 2016.
Today’s western societies are faced with a growing incidence of poor health because of mental stress and sedentary lifestyles. Natural and cultural landscapes are increasingly seen as restorative settings, compensating for negative psychophysiological effects on humans.
The Third International Conference on Landscape and Human Health | Forests, Parks and Green Care (17-19 May, 2017) provides a forum for the presentatios and discussion of recent developments in the following research topics:
- Landscape effects on human health and well-being
- Methods for assessing landscape effects on human health and well-being
- Biodiversity and human health and well-being
- Effects of landscape structures and types on human health and well-being
- Forests as restorative places (e.g. forest therapy, forest bathing)
- Impacts of green care offers (e.g. social impacts, effects on health, well-being)
- Social impact of landscapes
- Social inclusion (of fringe groups) fostered by landscapes and green care offers
This conference is a follow up to the Conferences Recreation and Health in Landscape and Forest and Landscape and Health:
Effects, Potential and Strategies that took place at the Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research (WSL) in 2009 and 2012 and the 1st Austrian Conference on Forest and Human Health.
Von: Cecil Cornelis Konijnendijk [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 27. April 2016 03:26
Betreff: International Forum on urban forestry in Valladolid (Spain), 22-23 June 2016
Dear urban forestry colleagues,
During 22-23 June of this year, an international Innovation Seminar will be held in Valladolid, Spain, under the title Urban Forestry in Mediterranean Cities: Innovation, monitoring and networking.
The seminar is linked to the QUF Project (www.quickurbanforest.eu) and the Green Southern European Cities Group (GSEC)
- Scientific: to validate QUF’s working hypothesis, to distribute the dataset and insights on it to relevant researchers and to establish a review group for QUF’s white book
- Technical: to present QUF’s first results and to benchmark it with similar relevant initiatives
- Political: to launch the GSEC Group
- Municipal-, provincial- and regional-government professionals and technicians involved with urban parks, especially those affiliated with the GSEC Group
- Researchers, especially those with an interest in urban forestry and affiliated with the SECF (secforestales.org <https://webmail.ku.dk/OWA/UrlBlockedError.aspx> ) and IUFRO Unit 6.07.00 Urban Forestry (itreetools.org/iufro/ <http://www.itreetools.org/iufro/> )
- Decision makers in the field of urban parks in Southern European and Mediterranean environments, especially those affiliated with the GSEC Group
- Private company and third sector professionals and technicians involved with urban parks
- Monitoring and sensoring companies
- Like-minded projects and initiatives
You can find more information about this meeting in http://www.quickurbanforest.eu/forobosquesurbanos
For further information, please contact:
Susana Dominguez Lerena
SDL, INVESTIGACIÓN Y DIVULGACIÓN DEL MEDIO AMBIENTE, S.L
Tf: 91 842 85 71
Móvil: 607 73 00 17
Apologies for cross-mailing.
The Final Conference of the COST Action FP1207 <https://sites.google.com/site/costactionfp1207/> "Orchestrating forest-related policy analysis in Europe (ORCHESTRA)"
with a title "Bioeconomy and ecosystem services - synergy or conflict? - Horizontal and vertical policy analysis, modelling and orchestration in practice"
will be organized 5-6 September 2016 at Université catholique de Louvain, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium. Deadline for abstracts 15 May 2016.
More information and registration available at http://www.uclouvain.be/orchestra.html
Von: Cecil Cornelis Konijnendijk [mailto:email@example.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 19. April 2016 02:44
Betreff: EFUF 2016 - Young Urban Forester of the Year Award 2016 - call for nominations
Please find enclosed a call for nominations for this year's European Young Urban Forester of the Year Award. The award is made annually at the European Forum of Urban Forestry. The award is intended to recognise excellence by a young Europe-based person in either (i) urban forestry practice and/or (ii) urban forestry research.
The deadline for nominations (using the enclosed form) is May 27th. The winner will be announced at the European Forum on Urban Forestry in Ljubljana, Slovenia (May 31st - June 4th of this year), see <http://efuf2016.gozdis.si/> http://efuf2016.gozdis.si/.
Kind regards, on behalf of the evaluation committee,
With much pleasure we are able to announce the IUFRO 125th Anniversary
Congress, which will take place in Freiburg, Germany, from 19-22
The official Anniversary Congress website www.IUFRO2017.com
<http://www.IUFRO2017.com> is now online! The information is
preliminary in nature and will be updated periodically in the lead up to
With the launching of the website, the Call for Session Proposals is now
open and continues until the deadline on 15. June 2016. At the website
you will find guidelines for submissions and the submission form.
We look forward to receiving your proposals.
Subscribe to our newsletter on the congress website or follow us on
Facebook (IUFRO2017) and twitter (@iufro_2017, #IUFRO2017) - for
See you in Freiburg in 2017!
FVA Congress Organizing Team