from our colleagues in Tartu via the European Land-Use Institute.
-------- Mensagem reencaminhada --------
Assunto: ELI: Biogeomon 2020 registration and abstract submission opened
Data: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 09:57:25 +0100
De: Christine Fürst <christine.fuerst(a)geo.uni-halle.de>
please find an interesting information on a top level conference in
Tartu attached. The contact dates are specified at the end of the email.
We have declared registration and abstract submission for the 10th
BIOGEOMON Symposium on Ecosystem Behavior open! We have a program packed
with interesting talks and posters on both traditional topics, such as
catchment experiments and modeling, as well as currently hot issues,
such as ecosystem microbiology, modeling of greenhouse gas emissions ,
and rhizosphere studies. You are most welcome to attend!
More at: *biogeomon2020.ut.ee*
There are many reasons to come.
1) The 10th BIOGEOMON is organised by the University of Tartu. Thus,
Estonia will be a new host country for BIOGEOMON. The symposium will
take place in the university town of Tartu, 26-30 July 2020. Tartu is
preparing to be a European capital of culture in 2024.
2) Top researchers will give keynote speeches providing the state of the
art in their fields:
Dennis D. Baldocchi (University of California, USA)
Josette Garnier (Sorbonne Université, CNRS, France)
Kate Lajtha (Oregon State University, USA)
Patrick Megonigal (Smithsonian Environmental Research Center, USA)
Tim Moore (McGill University, Canada)
Mari Pihlatie (University of Helsinki, Finland)
Curtis J. Richardson (Duke University, USA)
Ilona Riipinen (Stockholm University, Sweden)
Eri Saikawa (Emory University, USA)
Martin Zobel (University of Tartu, Estonia)
Susannah Tringe (DOE Joint Genome Institute, USA)
3) There will be 13 sessions on various topics. You will surely find
your favourite among them:
1. Nutrient fluxes at catchment level
2. Integration of terrestrial and aquatic carbon fluxes across the landscape
3. Biogeochemistry of lakes and rivers
4. Biogeochemistry of wetlands
5. Remote sensing for modeling of biogeochemical fluxes
6. Fluxes between atmosphere & ecosystems
7. Aerosols and VOCs in ecosystem functioning
8. Methane and nitrous oxide fluxes from trees
9. Biodiversity issues of ecosystem behavior
10. Biogeochemistry of trace elements and micropollutants in ecosystems
11. Soil and microbial processes
12. Ecosystem restoration and rehabilitation
13. Peatland processes
4) The program will include fascinating technical tours. You can choose
from 6 exciting excursions during which scientific research, Estonian
nature and culture will be nicely combined.
5) Opportunity to publish your paper in two journal special issues:
Science of the Total Environment (STOTEN, Elsevier, IF = 5.589) and/or
Biogeochemistry (Springer, IF = 3.406).
Abstracts submission closes on 1st March 2020
Abstracts will be accepted on 30th April 2020
The final program will be announced on 1st July 2020
Regular 350* (500) €
Students 250* (300) €
Accompanying persons** 150 €
Symposium dinner 60 €
Post-conference excursion*** 310 €
* Early bird (payment before 1st of June)
** Accompanying person fees cover the welcome reception, lunches, poster
sessions and the technical tour (includes lunchbox)
*** Registration for the post-conference excursion is open until 1st
July 2020 or until fully booked.
All fees include VAT.
The registration fee covers welcome reception, access to lecture rooms,
conference materials, printed program, lunches, coffee break
refreshments, poster session drinks & snacks, technical tour (with
*Please register at www.biogeomon2020.ut.ee
Ülo Mander (chair) ulo.mander(a)ut.ee <mailto:email@example.com>
Annika Meitern (secretary) annika.meitern(a)ut.ee
See you in Tartu in July!
On behalf of the organising committee
Annika Joy Meitern
João Azevedo, Prof. Coordenador
Vice-Coordenador do Centro de Investigação de Montanha (CIMO)
Instituto Politécnico de Bragança
Escola Superior Agrária
Campus de Santa Apolónia
telefones: (+351) 273 330 901 / 273 303 341