We would like to inform you that the registration is now open for the 21th International Nondestructive Testing and Evaluation of Wood Symposium, which will be held in Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany, September 25-27, 2019. This symposium will be hosted by the Forest Research Institute Baden-Württemberg (FVA) and is co-sponsored by USDA Forest Service Forest Products Laboratory (FPL), the Forest Products Society (FPS) and the International Union of Forestry Research Organizations (IUFRO). This Symposium is a forum for those involved in non-destructive testing and evaluation of wood, wood-based products, and structures.
Objectives of the conference:
The objectives of this symposium are to provide the international nondestructive testing and evaluation of wood research community a venue to present results from their latest research and technology transfer activities and make them available to scientists and engineers from around the world. Networking among participants will foster new collaborative efforts, with an emphasis on implementation of non-destructive testing technologies around the globe.
Subject areas covered:
- Nondestructive characterization of wood and wood-based materials
- Evaluation of forest materials for optimal utilization
- Advanced grading technologies for solid wood and engineered wood products
- Condition assessment, evaluation, and repair of existing wood structures
- Condition assessment of historic wood artifacts and structures
- Evaluation and assessment of urban trees
- Industrial application of emerging nondestructive testing technologies
- Other nondestructive evaluation related research and development activities
Please find more information on: www.ndtesymposium.org<http://www.ndtesymposium.org>
Registration: now open
Early registration ends 14th June 2019
Regular registration closes 31th July 2019
Late registration after 31st July 2019
Accommodation booking option ends 5th July 2019
Please forward this invitation to all colleagues who might be interested in taking part in our conference.
Hoping to see you in Freiburg!
Dr. Robert J. Ross (USDA Forest Products Laboratory and Michigan Technological University)
Dr. Udo H. Sauter (Forest Reseach Institute Baden-Württemberg)
Dr. Xiping Wang (USDA Forest Products Laboratory )
Mobil: +49-175 180 48 33
Dep. of Forest Utilisation
Forest Research Institute of Baden-Württemberg
79100 Freiburg, Germany
phone:+49-761 4018 239
mobile: +49-175 180 48 33
fax:+49-761 4018 333