Dear friend, dear colleague!
Let us kindly inform you that the extended abstract submission deadline for the conference "Mountain Forest Management in a Changing World" in Smokovce, High Tatra Mountains, Slovakia from 7-9 July 2015 jointly supported by the IUFRO Unit 1.01.05 Mountain forest management & 4.03.03 Information management and information technologies (http://www.nlcsk.sk/mfm-conference) is March 20st, 2015
The abstracts should be sent to Manfred J. Lexer (mj.lexer(a)boku.ac.at ) using the abstract submission form at http://www.nlcsk.sk/mfm-conference/VolunteerPapers.aspx.
We hope you can participate in this conference by submitting a paper reflecting your current research responding to one of the topics of the conference:
- Potentials and limitations of current management approaches to provide multiple ecosystem services
- Climate change impacts on ecosystem service provisioning in mountain forests
- Disturbance regimes in mountain forests and implications for ecosystem services
- Alternative management strategies in mountain forests and consequences on ecosystem service provisioning
- Decision support tools for mountain forest management
- Governance approaches to secure multiple ecosystem service provisioning in the future
All information regarding the conference can be found in the third call (see attachment), on the conference website or via the IUFRO group
We look forward to meeting you in High Tatra Mountains, Slovakia from 7-9 July 2015.
With best regards,
Harald Vacik deputy coordinator 4.03.03
Pil Sun Park coordinator 1.05.05
Dear friend, dear colleague!
Let us kindly inform you that the extended abstract submission deadline for the International IUFRO Symposium: Cross-sectoral policy impacts on managerial economics and accounting in forestry, jointly organized by IUFRO Unit 9.05.03 and IUFRO Unit 4.05.00 in Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Hotel Hollywood, May 4th – 6th, 2015 (http://www.iufro.org/science/divisions/division-9/90000/90500/90503/activit…) is
March 1st, 2015 - the extended abstract should be sent to Mersudin Avdibegović (mavdibegovic(a)gmail.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>) and Bruno Marić (bruno.m.maric(a)gmail.com<mailto:email@example.com>.
We hope you can participate in this symposium by submitting a paper reflecting your current research and/or professional work/expertise.
All information regarding the symposium can be found in Attachment and on IUFRO web-site:
We believe that the symposium will bring important scientific and professional insight into recent research in the discipline and will be of a great interest to you.
We look forward to meeting you in Sarajevo in May 4-6, 2015.
With best regards,
Lidija Zadnik Stirn, coordinator of IUFRO 4.05.00
Walter Sekot, coordinator of IUFRO 4.05.01
Donald Hodges, coordinator of IUFRO 4.05.02
for Symposium Organizing Committee
Apologies for cross-posting. Please send to interested colleagues and students.
We are happy to inform you that we have opened the registration for
neFFE Conference, August 17-23, 2015 at Peking University China. The
last date for registration is April 30, 2015.
Please note that:
(I) The process of abstracts (for paper and posters) submission and
selection has been completed. The authors of selected papers have been
(2) Now the registration is open for anyone who is interested in
participating in the conference. Please refer to the conference website
for the role of all participants.
(3) We will close the registration as soon as we have 40 participants.
I am enclosing a registration form with this e-mail. This form is also
available on the conference website.
For all details of the conference, please visit the conference website:
With warm regards
Prof. Shashi Kant
Faculty of Forestry
University of Toronto
2nd Call for Abstracts (and sorry for cross mailings)
Abstract deadline March 1st 2015 – Notification April 1st 2015
SSAFR 2015 – 16th Symposium for Systems Analysis in Forest Resources
August 19-21, 2015, Uppsala, Sweden
Abstract submission: https://www.anpdm.com/public/run-survey.aspx?Id=41435A40794444504B7540&Sess…
The SSAFR symposia congregate researchers and practitioners in the area of Operations Research and Systems Analysis in Forest Resources. The symposia are held biannually since the 1980’s and have until now taken place in the Americas; for the first time now in Europe.
Objectives and themes
The aim is to have a representation of presentations and experts that covers this broad and expanding field. Topics of interest include: strategic, operational and tactical planning forest planning, fire and pests, spatial problems, hierarchical problems, forest operations, forest supply chain, multiple objectives, uncertainty, GIS and information technologies, algorithmic developments, exact, heuristic and metaheuristic methods as well as broad problem areas such as economics of sustainability, assessment of ecosystem services, environmental issues, wood for energy, and landscape planning. The following themes are identified for the conference (other may be organized on request, please get in touch with Scientific Committee chair):
* Educational tools in OR/MS
* Multi Criteria Decision Analysis (MCDA) methods
* Fire and pest - modeling and control
* Forest Decision Support Systems - construction and use
* OR/MS techniques for forest planning
* Forest operations
* Planning and control systems for the forest-based supply chains
* The forest-based sector – modeling
* The forest-based sector – challenges and policies
Some important dates
* March 1st, 2015: Deadline submission of presentations and posters
* April 1st, 2015: Presentations and posters notification
* June 15th, 2015: Early bird registration deadline
Contact and questions
* Scientific program: Ljusk Ola Eriksson (ola.eriksson(a)slu.se<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>)
* Organizational issues: Gert Andersson (gert.andersson(a)skogforsk.se<mailto:email@example.com>)
* SLU: http://www.slu.se/en/departments/forest-resource-management/
* Skogforsk: http://www.skogforsk.se/english/
Professor Ljusk Ola Eriksson
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Department of Forest Resource Management
SE-901 83 UMEÅ
Visiting address: Skogsmarksgränd
Phone: +46 90 786 83 78