IUFRO Dryland Forestry Symposium , 16-20 March, Stellenbosch, South Africa,
The symposium will be dealing with indigenous forests and plantations in Dryland Areas
Themes include :
1. Tree physiology, growth and tree architectural responses in drought conditions.
2. Site–species matching /genotype x environment interactions.
3. Silviculture regimes and management systems for Dryland Forestry.
4. Management systems for dry natural forest ecosystems (including Savanna forests, bush encroachment and sustainable livelihoods issues).
5. Products, procurement, wood properties and markets.
6. Integrated fire management.
7. Landscape improvements and ecosystem services from woodlots and farm forestry projects.
Please see the latest update of information on the website:
You will notice the deadline on submission of abstracts is 27 October 2014.
Can we ask that you forward the second announcement to people on your personal networks inviting them to submit abstracts.
Dr. Ben du Toit
Deputy Co-ordinator: IUFRO UNIT 1.02.05, and
Chairperson: Scientific Committee
IUFRO Symposium on Silviculture and Management of Dryland Forests
To be held from 16 to 19 March 2015, Stellenbosch, South Africa
The integrity and confidentiality of this email is governed by these terms / Hierdie terme bepaal die integriteit en vertroulikheid van hierdie epos. <http://www.sun.ac.za/emaildisclaimer> http://www.sun.ac.za/emaildisclaimer
The business meeting of IUFRO Working Party 1.02.04 Sustainable Management
and Genetic Resources of the Meliaceae will be held at 12:50-13:30 on
Monday October 6, at Room 151B at the IUFRO 2014 World Congress. Please